Due to the upcoming changes in the data protection laws, we would like to reaffirm our practises and commitments to you in a few areas. The relationship we have with you is very important to us – but your data is equally important to you. So, it is important that you feel safe in allowing us to handle it.
Whether you are already happy with your data relationship with us, or you wish to change it in some way, we would first like you to peruse the following. After this, you can make your decision if you wish to remain in a trusted digital relationship with us, or, if you feel the risks are too high, you may leave immediately with our support in deleting your personal data. First let us go through the necessary information:
Who we are, and what we/I do:
We are yoga teachers and teacher trainers. We offer yoga (and related) classes, workshops, retreats, etc that can help to improve your health and wellbeing.
Why would I/we communicate with you?
You may receive emails from us. The reasons for this would largely be:
- To keep you updated on forthcoming events and news to do with yoga or matters we deem related in some way. This may include commentary on things like seasonal events, news events and items of public interest. It is possible that some events and updates may clearly be considered marketing. Hopefully you find that it is only in areas you have an interest.
- To keep you informed of classes which you may be attending. This is helpful if there are changes to scheduled arrangements. And to contact you in the event there is a problem with teaching.
- To share inspirational, educational, philosophical or motivational teachings, which we consider to be useful. These may be in the form of written emails, handouts, video links or other free media.
What we do not do:
- We do not sell your data to third parties under any circumstances.
- We do not share your personal data with third parties or any of our partners we use to deliver services to you (such as our retreats), any email marketing companies that we may use from time to time or any third party we may use to enforce our legal rights.
- We will not share data within our work without a valid reason.
- We will not keep any of your data if you have not used our services or products for a period of 7 years. This data will be shredded, disposed of and digitally deleted if applicable, so it is obsolete.
What We do:
- We will register and collect a student’s data on a paper Registration Form or an electronic data collection form. This information could include name, address, d.o.b, gender, email address and telephone number. We will also request details of any medical conditions, injuries or any other matter which may affect your ability to partake in any classes. This Form will then be securely stored. Electronic data will be kept securely on a computer or safe external server.
- In order to contact you and process your information for use within a service or product, we may, at times, hold your data on a secure password protected personal phone or computer.
- If you register for any of our retreat packages or private therapies, we may provide the information you provide on registration to our partners which they may use to deliver the services to you.
- We will notify you of any breach of software, where your data has been compromised and what we intend to do about this. We will notify you within 72 hours of us becoming aware of any breach and will follow up with what actions we will take to minimise, recover or secure your data again. We will also notify the Information Commissioner’s Office of such breach.
What you must do:
- Notify us if you do not wish to be contacted by email, by phone, or both. Please note that the provision of your yoga service e.g. Yoga Class may well be compromised if you are not available to be reached at all. If we deem it necessary as a requirement for fulfilling their service as a teacher that you are contactable by e.g. email, then you must decide if you wish to proceed with the service under this circumstance. Should you wish to abstain, we will discuss the matter further with you and reach an amicable solution.
- If you only wish to opt-out of marketing information but are happy to continue using your contact information for the purposes laid out in section 2 and 3 above of “Why would we communicate with you?”, please contact us on email@example.com.
- Notify us if you would like us to (a) update the current personal information we hold or (b) if you would prefer that we destroyed the current personal information we hold.
- Unsubscribe yourself from email campaigns which you do not wish to be a part of. All email campaigns will come with an unsubscribe option at the bottom of the page.
Safeguarding your information:
We will only collect information to the extent we deem reasonably necessary to serve you in view of legitimate business purpose as set out above, and we will use my best endeavours to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided me with. In addition, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that third parties to whom we transfer any data will provide sufficient protection of that personal information.
Questions about privacy:
If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org